Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Monday, November 2, 2015

Current Projects part 10


Welcome back!



    As I write this, we are in the last week of October, with November quickly coming around the corner. The lawns around the neighborhood are littered with brightly colored leaves and Halloween decorations. The temperature has dropped considerably, forcing the family to pull out the heavier coats and get ready for the inevitable arrival of winter. I have already started my winter preparations by closing down the campsite and storing some of our backyard items in the shed. Another sure sign that winter is just around the corner is Christmas shopping! That’s right, I usually get started this early, just to make sure that the stuff which needs to be shipped in by mail has a chance to get here on time (gotta love Amazon!).





    October just seemed to fly by! I don’t feel like I managed to get as much done as I would have liked to. Though I was really busy this month, one of the things that delayed my writing was laptop issues. After attempting to download Windows 10, my laptop started having BSOD problems (Blue Screen Of Death). I had to have my laptop repaired (twice), thus did not have access to it for two weeks. Luckily my laptop is back up and working, but sadly I lost a ton of pictures which were saved on it in the process (many of which were for future Inspiration posts).




So now I am playing catch up, trying to get content ready for November. Unfortunately, with the delay caused by the computer problem and the activities related to Halloween, I did not have time to come up with a theme for this month, so instead I will just post content as usual, and concentrate on getting a theme together for December.


    Regarding my blog, a few weeks ago I began playing around with instagram, trying to draw more attention to my posts. Originally, I did not know how to use a visual media app to promote content for a blog about writing. It took some testing, but I managed to find a way to post pictures of my content to Instagram and attract more followers to my site... and it worked! I now have an added channel with which to advertise my writing! If interested, look for me at  @ozmosiscot.
   
    In an attempt to have my work be a little more visible to the public, I have written two short stories about villain groups in the world of City of Titans. The stories were submitted for review to Missing Worlds Media, and if approved, will be posted on their Kickstarter page. This process may take months however, so we may not see them before the new year. I will be linking these to my blog, as well as sharing them on my short story page if they ever get posted.


    As for my own book, I began creating word documents for each chapter. This way whenever I get an idea for a scene, I can write it down in the appropriate place and save it for when I have time to flesh it out. I have also chipped away at my World History document, adding more details to the Cerberus Initiative, as well as Walker’s backstory.


    What has me really excited this month however, is the new project I am researching at work. It’s not everyday you hear someone saying they are excited about their job, and I have to admit this is new (and strange) to me as well. I can’t go into details just yet, since this project is still in the early stages, but what I can say is that it related to comic books. I have been reading comic books since I was old enough to read in english, so this assignment was a dream come true for me. Where else could I have found a job where I get to research comic books and speak to people in the industry!


Comic Books! Yay!


That is all the progress I managed to get this month, as most of my writing time was spent working on posts for my blog. I did find a few more interesting subjects to research, so I will be sharing those with you in upcoming posts.


Thank you for dropping by. Until Next time,


Cheers,

Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment