Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Short Story - Cerberus Initiative


Welcome,


It is a great honor for me to share this snippet of my current work in progress. I decided to share parts of my story for each milestone I reach. The following is an extract from the backstory of a paranormal-military inspired group that will play a major role in my story. The initial incident is based on true events, then gradually has paranormal elements added in.



Backstory of the Cerberus Initiative.


Part 1: December 30th, 2015.

March 24th, 1878


While caught in a heavy snowstorm off the Isle of Wight, the HMS Eurydic capsized, causing the deaths of it’s 319 crew members. Many lost family members that day, including professor Matthieu Sylvestre, adventurer Paolo Speroni and priest Brigham Winters.


Unsatisfied with the Royal Navy’s explanation of the incident, the men decided to conduct their own investigation. Taking a craft through the English Channel, they went to the location where the Eurydice sank. To their surprise, they discovered an old hag was using strange creatures known as Kelpie, a shape-changing aquatic spirit, to sink ships and retrieve their contents.


Part 2: August 15th, 2016




Matthieu, Paolo and Brigham confronted the Witch, but were no match against her powers and Kelpie minions. The three hastily retreated to port, where they recounted the frightful events to the authorities. Their tale was met with ridicule and disbelief.

            However, a small number of townsfolk did believe them. After some careful preparations, Matthieu, Paolo and Brigham lead a group to the shores near the Isle of Wight. The troop arrived in time to interrupt the dastardly Witch from attacking another ship. Through great effort, they managed to subdue the hag and her monstrous pets, putting an end to her wicked ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment