Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Current Projects Part 11

Welcome Back!


The inevitable has happened… we expect it, dread it, we even plan for it every year, but in the end we are never truly ready for it. I am speaking of course of… our first snowfall! It arrived overnight in this last week of November, draping everything in white. I will admit, I have a love/hate relationship with winter. I like the look of snow and the peaceful air it brings to one's surroundings. On the other hand, snow means having to clear the driveway and driving in terrible conditions, two of my least favorite things. At least I have a snowblower now, so it takes the sting out of one of those two points (but only a little).


Let it snow!


Also, snow usually announces the coming of my favorite time of the year; Christmas! By now most of my holiday shopping is done and the Christmas decorations are being planned for the first week of December. You can expect all of this holiday buzz to inspire most of this month's content.


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.


So here is what I have been up to so far.


I lost most of the pictures saved on my laptop when it decided to go belly up last month. This means I had to start from scratch, getting more pictures for upcoming Inspiration posts. Luckily, this is the time of year my wife Linda has a lot of vendor events, giving me the opportunity to go exploring. In order to learn about more interesting locations to explore, I have applied to a website called OAP (Ontario Abandoned Places), which is meant for other explorers to post where they have been.


            In terms of reading material, I couldn’t find anything suitable for the holiday season. I was hoping to get my hands on a copy of “Merry Christmas, Alex Cross” by James Patterson, but couldn’t locate it in my families pile of books. So instead I have been reading other books as I usually would. For December, I decided to do something different for the book review by discussing a graphic novel I was gifted last year.


            The only work I have done this month in regards to Missing Worlds Media, was review other peoples content. My focus has mainly been on helping other writers better understand content I had contributed to, so they could incorporate it in their work. The company in general has made good progress, as they showed in a recent news release showing new maps.




            Another article I plan on doing this month is my first 100 for 100 post. This content was originally meant to be posted once my facebook page reached one hundred likes. Though that is still pretty far from happening, I did manage to cross two other milestones: my Twitter account is now over a thousand followers and my blog will pass the five thousand views. As a thank you for all of your support, a short story about content in my story will be posted.


            As for my own book, I have started fleshing out the motives for my main villains and their dastardly plans. The original goals I had in mind began sounding too simplistic for the villainous mastermind type character I was envisioning. I wanted him to be bigger than life, so it made sense that his plans needed to be well thought out and not so straightforward. This idea came to me as I was working on the comic book project at my work.


Speaking of which, my job at copyright is going well. This comic book project has given me the opportunity to talk with people in the field and be exposed to companies I had never heard of before. I’m am truly excited about the end result of this project, and can’t wait to share more details with you all!


Happy Holidays!


            On that note, I would like to end this month's update by wishing you all an early Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.


Until next time.


Cheers,

Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment