Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Current Projects part 19


Welcome back!


    This past month has just evaporated. Between work, renovations and a family life, it felt like July was gone before I had a chance to realise it was here. My head isn’t done spinning, and I have been feeling stretched thin all month. With everything going on, I barely managed to meet my goal of getting some writing done everyday. So because of my crazy schedule, the content for the month of August is still up in the air. I may manage to get my usual four to six articles done this month, or I may have to sacrifice content in favor of other responsibilities.


    Bottom line, it is all about finding balance. Despite all the craziness going on in your life, you must find a way to get some writing done. With that being said, let’s see what I have been up to.


Untitled9.png


    This past month has seen the next milestone in my creative journey; reaching ten thousand views on my blog! To honor the event, I will be writing another ‘’100 for 100’’ post, which will be the second part of my Cerberus Initiative background write-up. Hope you all enjoy it.


As for progress on my story, I recently completed the write up for another main character, Ana Fernandez. Ana will be one of the allies of the main protagonists, and will be playing a pivotal role in the storyline. She is an inventor, and will be creating various devices which will affect the story’s progress in some way. With her completed, I can now move on to another supporting character; Vivian Winters. Vivian’s role will revolve around practicing magic and studying the arcane. She will be depicted as a woman who is very knowledgeable in her field and wise beyond her years. While Vivian will also be portraying a highly educated character, her personality will be the polar opposite of Ana’s. I’m hoping the contrast between these two characters will play well off of each other.


People have been asking me why I bother with creating character profiles and not just go straight to writing the story. The simple answer; it’s how I learned to write. Most of my writing has been done while working for Missing Worlds Media, where components of the setting and characters had to be ironed out before any progress on the story was made. I find this method to be quite practical, as it helps me flesh out the characters in my mind, making it easier for me the write their conversations or guide their actions in scenes. I’m very grateful to the other writers from MWM, for everything they taught me about organization, planning ahead and the writing process.


Speaking of Missing Worlds Media, I haven’t done any substantial work on the project in the past month. I am currently still waiting for reviews of my submissions, catching up on other people's work and attending meetings whenever I can. For more information on the game’s progress, please check out the following links:




    The renovations for my wife's studio are still underway. We did some more demolition in the stairs and installed new appliances for what will be an accessible bathroom for her business. What is most impressive, however, is the work we managed to get done in the studio itself. It took us an entire weekend, but we completed a good 95% of the room. Here is the latest picture of Linda’s future business; Glam & Glow, Microblading & Permanent Makeup.






Am I shamelessly plugging my wifes business? Maybe. But there is a point to why I am doing it here on my writing blog. There was a moment when I felt that writing a book was going to be an impossible task, but seeing Linda pull this project together has been truly inspiring. In order to achieve so much progress, Linda had to take some risks, make some sacrifices and work harder than she has had before. There is something to be said about watching someone fight for a dream they believe in, and now Linda is my tangible proof that if you want something badly enough, you can make it happen. Helping her on this project has renewed my own self-confidence and determination.


    Several months ago, I had made mention of wanting to start sculpting in order to get a three dimensional vision of my concepts. I am currently looking into polymer clays and how their characteristics, since I have no experience with it. Last time I sculpted, was with standard earth clay while studying visuals arts back in college, some fifteen years ago. I am looking forward to see what I can come up with.


    That is all I have for this month. In closing, I want to thank everyone for taking the time to visit my blog, and I want to give special thanks my wife Linda, for being an inspiration and a driving force in my life (and for giving me the occasional kick in the pants when I need it).


Until next time.


Cheers,


Patrick Osborne




No comments:

Post a Comment