Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Friday, February 3, 2017

Current Projects part 25


Welcome back,


           January has proven to be a very busy month indeed. True to the theme of new beginnings, I spent the last week and a half moving into my recently acquired house. This operation was severely time consuming and prevented me from getting any writing done, not to mention I had no internet connection until the cable company came by to hook me up.


Untitled7.png


           As a result, I may have a little less content for the next few months, has all of this business has prevented me from getting articles for future months prepared in advance. So I will be doing my best to catch up. Hopefully I will be able to settle in and get back to it soon.


Though this entire process will have an effect on my writing. Unlike my previous house, I plan on having spaces dedicated entirely to reading and writing. I am confident this will help increase my productivity and inspire me to write more. Once everything is set up, I will keep you all posted on how this affects my rogress.


Image result for public domain hearts


           For the month of February, I came up with a few posts inspired by the month’s most commercially prominent holiday; Saint-Valentine's day. So you can expect to see posts related to love, romance, and other overly expressive themes!


           My personal project is fittingly in sync with this month's theme, as I am currently working on the story’s love interest character, Lindsay Reed. Progress has been slow, as I have been chipping away at her character sheet for a few over a month now. I find this character harder to create than some others, probably because I’m having issues relating to her or finding her ‘’voice’’. I have made a considerable change to her background this month, hoping it will better fit her role in the story.


           Aside from this character, I also made progress on my first chapter, even if it was only a few paragraphs. It was my attempt at localizing the setting, by pointing out details of the environment and giving hints at the time frame through the protagonists casual observations. It’s still a work in progress, but it is coming along nicely.


           While setting up decorations for my new house, I was inspired to create my own art. I haven’t done any painting in ages, so I am looking forward to trying and create a few pieces for my home. I will post pictures once I get some paintings done.


           I contacted my colleagues from the Missing Worlds Media Composition Department this week, letting them know I am mostly done with my relocation, and ready to take on more assignments. While going through the assignment lists, I noticed some of the characters I had previously created were being assigned to other writers. I find it exciting to see others putting their interpretation on material you created.


Image result for city of titans


           Speaking of characters, MWM released a lore update featuring one of the city’s iconic super heroes. You can read more about the update here:




           That is all for this update. Thank you all for dropping by, your continued support is truly appreciated. Before I go, I would like to wish you all a happy Saint-Valentine’s day! Don’t be afraid to express how you feel to one another… but don’t over do it on the chocolate!


Until next time.


Cheers,

            Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment