Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Friday, March 3, 2017

Current Projects part 26


Welcome back,


           As the month of February comes to an end, I am putting the final touches on the last room of my new house. It took over thirty days, but I finally got around to emptying the last of my boxes, meaning the move is officially complete. I am now looking forward to getting back into a routine of reading, writing and creating more art.


Untitled10.png


           Though my current ‘’mass reorganization’’ prevented me from doing much writing, it did allow me to realise a few things in terms of inspiration. Mainly, I came to realise that blank surfaces annoy me and fill me with an urge to cover them. This funny fact, coupled with empty wall space, got me thinking of what kind of wall art I would like to hang.


My plan was to look at different types of art in order to find one that appealed to me. After several days of searching, not only did I find certain styles that were interesting, but my imagination began creating its own variants. Needless to say, the need to paint, which I had not felt since my college days, has resurfaced. I am now planning out several canvases for my home, and looking forward to producing art again.


This also made me realise the importance of a proper work space. Lately, the only place I felt inspired to write was at my day job, now I’m hoping to create a peaceful environment at home which will encourage me to write more. So with that in mind, I put together an office for writing, a library for reading and a small studio for art related projects. The place is slowly starting to feel like home…


Here is a picture of my reading room.


IMG_3403[1].JPG


           Even during my downtime, I try to incorporate my writing into my activities. Paying attention to everything we do, memorizing details can help when describing scenes in a story. This makes boring daily chores like washing dishes or folding laundry much more interesting, when you try to think how you would describe it while writing.


Another fun thing to do is analyzing TV shows or movies, trying to see plot tools and other story elements. Pulling inspiration from existing content can also prove fruitful. Recently I have been concentrating on TV series which serve as inspiration for the story I am presently working on. Current favorites, such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Doctor Who all have the science fiction/supernatural mystery feel I am going for, as well as a healthy dose of angst.


Image result for city of titans
           As for my work with Missing Worlds Media, I got a welcomed surprise this week. I was sent a drawing of a member of the Paragon, the games main super hero team. The character in question was a hero I had a hand in creating, and seeing a visual design of my work was exciting. I can’t go into details now as the design and character are not finalized, but be sure once his announcement is official, I will be sharing it here with you.


For now, here are links to MWM updates released in February, one is lore related, the other is about world building.

Lore related:


World builder related:


           Other than that, it’s been a slow month. I managed to get a little progress on a character done, but the majority of my writing this month has been focused on blog posts, as I have been falling behind. As I am writing this, I still have not completed a single post for March, so this month may see a lot of reposting of old content. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, and will try to make up for it next month.


In closing, I would like to mention that I am still looking for authors to interview. If you, or anyone you know, is a published author and are interested in having an interview posted on my blog, feel free to contact me. The interview will focus on giving helpful information to upcoming authors and how you started in the business. It is a great opportunity to share advice you may have with other writers, as well as free publicity for your own work.


Also, if anyone has any suggestions and what type of writing article, book reviews, writing prompts, or other they would like to see in the future, feel free to contact me.


On that note, I wanted to thank you all for dropping by and I will see you at next month's progress update post.


Cheers,

            Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment