Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Current Projects part 32

Welcome back!


            So I had a mini panic attack this morning. As I am writing this, we are the last week of July, I thought I only had 3 articles posted posted for the month. Luckily I had miscounted and did indeed had my standard four, however I realised I only had two completed for August. So now I’m rushing to get things done. There is no overall theme for my articles during August, so I will be posting material I’ve had stored for times like this.


So let’s get right to it.


Untitled13.png


Because of the fewer requests at work, I managed to get a fair amount of progress done on my writing. With the spare time, I made some progress on my second chapter. On top of that, I completed the character sheet of my second villainous henchman, Misery. She turned out to be a fun character to work on, with her broken psyche boosted with mental powers. I’m hoping she will come across as quite the threat in my story.


With Misery completed, it was time to move on to the biggest character in my story: the main antagonist! Needless to say, this will undoubtedly be the most detailed character sheet I will need to do next to the protagonist, Walker. My villain's name will be Lord Decay, and though he will not be as experienced or resistant as my protagonist, he will make up for it in resourcefulness, knowledge and raw power. Decay will start the story at a ‘’national security’’ type of threat level, but will escalate to a ‘’world class’’ threat level before the climax.


The majority of my time this month was spent doing research for my renovations. It has proven to be quite the learning experience, and it is paying off. The work on the room itself is now complete, and it looks clean and vibrant. I am now working on art and decorations that will highlight the room. Currently, I am working on upcycling a pair of old couches to not only fix their many scratches and holes, but give them a much needed facelift. Below you can find a picture of my work in progress.


IMG_0274[1].JPG


            Last month I expressed my desire to start reviewing other forms of storytelling, mainly I wanted to tackle storylines from both movies and video games. I am still doing research on this idea since I’m not entirely sure what the prerequisites are in terms of copyright. However, I did approach a videogame company to ask them their permission to review one of their games. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.


            Regarding my other idea of writing Tweet/Facebook posts that give details of my story, I started taking snippets from my character sheets to use as possible posts. I will probably start posting one of them a week after my vacation in September.


Image result for city of titans


In regards of new material from Missing Worlds Media, there has been quite a few releases in the past month. Two articles regarding animation got published, and one regarding lore. You can read the full articles on our kickstarter page:


Lore:






Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments. I can be reached via the following social media:


Twitter: @OzmosisCoH


That is all I have for this month. Thank you all for dropping by, your continued support is always appreciated. I hope to see you all at next month's progress update.


            Until then.


Cheers,


Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment